Tips From IRS This Tax Season
Trained and IRS certified volunteers will be at the Valley Isle Community FCU to help eligible taxpayers file their federa and state returns for free!
Saturday, Feb 8th, 9am-3pm
Saturday, March 1st, 9am-3pm
Saturday, March 18th, 9am-3pm
Be sure to protect yourself against ID theft and other scams during tax filing season. Scammers attempt to use the name or logo of the IRS to obtain your personal information. To keep your information safe, follow these simple guidelines:
- IRS will never use e-mail to initiate contact with taxpayers about their accounts.
- If you receive an e-mail promising you a tax refund, delete it immediately without opening it.
- IRS employees do not reach out to taxpayers by e-mail or phone. Refunds and audits are sent by way of mail. If IRS communications are not coming by the United States Post Office, be very skeptical.
- Never open unsolicited messages claiming to come from IRS.
- If you have any questions and need to confirm if something is coming from the IRS, call them directly at 1-800-829-1040.