New Scam Hits Members
Credit union members across the state report receiving suspicious text messages stating, “This is XXXX federal credit union, your debit card has been compromised. If you want to reactivate, call XXX-XXX-XXXX.”
The Valley Isle Community FCU urges all members to safeguard your personal information by remembering five facts:
- Your credit union will not initiate a request for account information over the phone.
- Your credit union will never ask for confidential information through email or text messages.
- Always type the website’s URL address and never click on a link in a suspicious email that could direct you to a fraudulent website.
- Verify that the phone number is our phone number (877-3232 or 667-2641 or 800-452-8818) or that the website is authentic before making transactions.
- Immediately alert us, place fraud alerts on credit files and monitor account statements closely, if you fall victim to a phishing fraud.